View Single Post
Old October 4 2009, 01:08 AM   #26
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile
Re: Halloween Costume Thread!

It's been 30 years since I was in costume.

I remember it well...I was 9 years old, my sister made me a very nice (and quite authentic) Superman costume. Ordinarily I would have had a lot of fun trick or treating. But it was so utterly cold and windy and freezing-rainy that it totally ruined my whole night. I only went out at all because I didn't want to make my sister think she'd gone through all that trouble for nothing.

Ever since then I have been totally uninterested in anything linked to Halloween. It's not personal - I didn't mean to become Hallo-Scrooge or whatever. But for me, Halloween = Almost Freezing My Ass Off, and you never forget that...

Lately, the closest I ever get to a costume of any kind - trying to pretend I'm something I'm not - is the Twins T-shirt my dad got for me this year. And that was only because I wanted a souvenir from the Metrodome.

Smurf, assuming that's your real hair in the Jekyll/Hyde pic, here's an easy idea for a costume: Just get a Tigers jersey. Then you could go as Mark Fidrych.