View Single Post
Old October 2 2009, 11:14 AM   #248
Cheapjack
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek TNG Remastered?

Doug Otte wrote: View Post
Cheapjack wrote: View Post
3D Master wrote: View Post
Are you telling me, that the HD releases of Star Trek movies aren't the films released in HD, but they've taken the SD DVDs and upscaled them!?

I don't buy that. The films after all are at resolutions far higher than HD. They wouldn't upscale a DVD release. There'd be massive outcry over that, they'd damage their reputation as movie company.

They have. Wikipedia it or try high def digest or tweaktown. There's a thread about it on this forum in 'movies'. Only ST2 was taken from the film. There's stills on the web. They look very sharp-edged, but lack detail, They're very clever fakes.

My bet is they're doing this with all the other movies they show on the HD channels.

They think we're stupid.
Well, somebody here is stupid.

Cheapjack, you keep trying to post this misinformation in Trekweb. It's just not true. The BDs were made from HD masters. They were just not scanned at the currently-used 4K resolution, and they have the old DVD DNR and EE applied. Understand?

Doug
Are you working for Paramount, or something? Try searching the web. There's a review in High Def Digest and there's information on wikipedia. Only ST2 was taken from film. All the rest are using a computer algorithm to fill in the dots. It's an estimation of what's there, not what's really there. It's a con, basically, as an upscaling player could do just the same. And DNR isn't very good, according to tweaktown.
Cheapjack is offline   Reply With Quote