View Single Post
Old September 30 2009, 10:33 AM   #2325
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

dragunzng wrote: View Post

Has Birmingham really caused us trouble in the past 2-3 years? Not to be offensive, but I tend to forget they even exist. I don't think I've seen them play in ages
From what I've seen of their games, neither have their fans.

I'm not sure really. I just remember a paper that matched up the twenty PL teams with their bogey teams and I swear Birmingham were Arsenal's. This was a while ago though, so it may have even preceded the Bolton/Allardyce days. Brum did take two draws from Arsenal the season before last though! If anything they're Liverpool's bogey team more recently, though I think that's more down to Rafa being somehow unable to ever beat a Steve Bruce team.

I only had half an eye on each game last night, but Arsenal looked pretty good. Liverpool on the other hand... wow. They had a very poor first half and paid the price. I just wish one of our teams losing in the CL meant something - they'll still progress I'm sure. They'll progress even quicker when Rafa realises, along with pretty much anyone else, that Lucas is not good enough.