View Single Post
Old September 28 2009, 06:24 PM   #323
CaptainKen
Lieutenant Commander

View CaptainKen's Twitter Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

BolianAdmiral wrote: View Post
Dennis wrote: View Post
No, "Tressaurian Intersection" was ambitious and in the end I think we'll have exceeded our goals in some places and doubtless will be judged to have fallen short in some. I certainly would not have wanted to see us settle at the outset for any less than we've attempted, though.
Dennis,

I just have to say, I've watched TTI, and personally think it is the finest example of ST fanfilm yet... the whole bit with the Tholians, and the way you recreated the Tholian itself... utter perfection.

I don't really feel anything fell short... yes, things were noticeably better in TTI, than in the first Exeter episode, but that's to be expected, even in real TV... I mean, look at TNG's first season, compared to its third and fourth.

Keep being ambitious! I love Exeter, and you guys (or you) are doing things totally the right way. I don't mind waiting for new episodes, or parts of episodes, if the quality is high, because I'd rather have quality and substance over something rushed any day.
I must agree with you! Starship Exeter: TTI is already a truly outstanding episode of Trek!

As many know, I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the final act. I even held off on watching the first three parts until a few months. I totally regret holding off now because of how gripping and how amazing those first three acts were. I am very excited about seeing the conclusion. It feels close. Based on posts by Dennis and others, I'm hoping we'll see it in November.

Now, here's a fascinating new angle. Many of you know that Phase II had planned on releasing Blood and Fire - Part 2 around Labour Day or early September or sometime in September or the fall or .... now the official release date is Nov 20 (I think).

One of things I keep reading is how you can count on Phase II to release an episode when they say they will. And I have found that to be true. Along with this goes the common talk about how they are not like Exeter... they won't keep fans waiting for years. Well, as I said, I'm hoping to see Exeter release TTI: Act 4 is November. Wouldn't it be amazing if after all the hype, all the fan teasing, if Exeter released the finale to TTI before Blood and Fire 2 is released?

I think that would be ironic! Dennis, could we get Jimm to aim for that? I love both productions and want to see both of them but given all the teasing over the years about Exeter's timetable, I think it would be great to see the ending of The Tressaurian Intersection before seeing the ending of Blood and Fire.

Anyone wanna gamble on this horse race?