Just saw the episode. I'll read the comments in a bit, but first, here's what I have to say.
- Looks like they're mimicking The Dark Knight
with shots of Clark standing on the ledge overlooking the city accompanied by a score similar to the one you'll find in said movie.
- Good eye candy with Lois "Boobs" Lane. It also looks like they're doing more to put her front and center ahead of Chloe.
- When I saw the promo a few days back, I wasn't thrilled with the casting of Callum Blue as Zod. He didn't seem menacing enough or Zod-like. Having seen the episode, I still feel that way, but I was impressed with what they did to set him up. In his first scene, he gets punched out and knocked uncounscious. Ballsy move for the introduction of a big villain. At that point, I knew they'd do something with that. Then they proceded to establish him as afraid, uncertain and trying to "fake it". That should be interesting.
- I don't remember Zod speaking at the end of last season, but I did notice that they used a line to cover up a change in his voice.
- I'd like to say something about the high-contrast green-filtered look they used for Luthor Manor, but I can't think of what to say other than to point it out and go "Hmmm..." Hmmm?
- The interior of Chloe's clock tower looks too big to be the cap of the building we saw. Just my observation.
- I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.