View Single Post
Old September 27 2009, 07:06 AM   #119
the Dagman
Commodore

Re: Smallville 9x01 "Savior" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Brent wrote: View Post
Procutus PM'd me a question, and I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here, because I think it is an interesting question and I too would like to hear what you all think.

Brent;

I'm confused; how do you figure that Lois only went one year into the future? I thought the ring was designed to send someone into the 31st Century; hence Rokk telling Clarke to send Doomsday into the future so that the Legion could deal with him.

Your theory makes sense from the point of view of Lois' dream and the length of the season, but why did she only go forward a year?
I'm dumbfounded on this one too. My guesses are either that the wearer of the ring can control the time field, and thus Lois didn't know how and she misused it and it only sent her 1 year into the future. This makes a lot of sense since Clark is able to use it freely to travel into the past and all, so the ring wearer must be able to control where they go.

Or, maybe the ring wearer has to be "super powered" to use it correctly? Has any non super power being used it before?
Or, what if time is now screwed up and there is no more future beyond one year? There's an idea to chew on. And that Lois was destined to go to the future and to come back with that knowledge so the knot in time gets fixed and the future restored.

Remember, time was altered when the Persuader came back and destroyed Clark's Phantom Zone crystal there in the barn. He was supposed to use it on Chloe/Brainiac to banish Brainiac into the PZ. What if the reason they didn't know about Chloe was because the crystal would not actually have separated them and he'd have banished Chloe to the PZ as well as Brainiac? And Clark would have still had that PZ crystal to use to banish Doomsday too (as well as the one in the Fortress). Thus he would never have actually killed Doomsday, thusly never activating the Orb and creating clones of dozens of Kryptonians that are now on Earth, who bring about the destruction of everything.

I love a good time travel puzzle, I hope I am right about this. It will just make this season all the more fun as I piece things together.

Last edited by the Dagman; September 27 2009 at 07:18 AM.
the Dagman is offline   Reply With Quote