Jennifer's Body

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, Sep 20, 2009.

1. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen the film but I've scrapped to video of the lesbian make out scene 89 times at work today.

2. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

^:guffaw:

I agree with Spiff that the "lesbian" make-out scene went on perhaps just a little too long (even though I would have complained had it went on not as long). Even my friend who is no snob said to me, "This is pointless".

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^ let me guess, after they snog so long they almost immediately begin to fight?

4. The Evil Dead

Why guess? (Link to the scene in question, what I have to assume is the only reason to see the movie! And anyone who thinks it goes on too long and not long enough is a fruitcake...yeah I used the F-word)

5. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Should I warn you for flaming?

6. The Evil Dead

For flaming.........the fires of Megan Fox hotness?

(Okay, now you should warn me, for tomfoolery and general shenaniganry.)

7. JacksonArcher

I think I had a flame on when watching that video.

(Spiff, you should consider suspending Evil Dead for sort of alluding on a metaphorical level that I am gay.)

8. The Evil Dead

But Spiff, I AM FRIENDS WITH HIM ON FACEBOOK HE POSTS NOTHING BUT PICTURES OF MAN HEINY ALL DAY LONG, SERIOUSLY!

So yeah, how about that Jennifer's Body, huh? That certainly is a film.

9. JacksonArcher

The pictures of man ass post themselves. I have nothing to do with it.

Jennifer's Body was far superior to Sorority Row. I give it that.

10. Spaceman Spiff

Don't get me wrong, both girls are pretty, but watching girls (or anyone, really) make out just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe it's just because I don't find it all that taboo; I dunno.

I just know that scene starts to drag in the context of the movie. It might have made more sense if they had implied that Needy had been attracted to Jennifer up until that point. As it was, it felt sort of shoehorned in to get some guys to see the movie and ensure a "Best Kiss" nomination at the next MTV Movie Awards.

11. JacksonArcher

I think there was some implication that Needy was attracted to Jennifer (in the scene you missed, Spiff, a classmate calls out Needy for having a "lesbo crush" on Jennifer when she waves at her from the bleachers). Plus the way Needy takes initiative during the makeout scene made me believe Needy had some semblance of feelings for Jennifer, however I think it was more of just a strong personal connection.

12. Spaceman Spiff

Goddamn, how can they pack so much in the first five minutes, then relatively little in the rest of the movie? :lol:

Aside from the bit I missed, they don't do anything to hint at attraction between them until the kissing scene. It almost sounds like after they decided to include the make-out session, they threw in a throwaway line at the beginning to make it less of a non sequitur.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Have you scolded your tardy friend yet for making you guys late to the flick?

14. JacksonArcher

I dunno. Those were some very important five minutes you missed. ;)

Seriously though, I just found it to be a strong personal connection between the two. When you're that close with someone, things happen.

Like making out.

15. Spaceman Spiff

I sent him an email with the cheerleader pics attached. He hasn't replied yet.

That seems a bit of a reach. Many of us have had strong personal connections with people without the slightest urge to make out with them, especially in a bisexual sense.

I think my suspected reasons for the scene are much more likely. You watch for that "Best Kiss" nomination.

16. JacksonArcher

So making out with your best friend is unusual?

Damn.

17. Spaceman Spiff

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

18. JacksonArcher

Nice save.

19. Spaceman Spiff

Pshaw.

There is so much wrong with that.

20. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This movie really impressed me. I thought it was just shlock until I read an interview with the director, Karyn Kusama. I like her work so far (Girlfight, Aeon Flux) and this movie surprised me, in it's depiction of high school (which mostly hasn't been well done in film since the 80s). And Megan Fox really surprised me, as thif film required far more of her than the Transformers films. And she delivered.