Thread: Jennifer's Body
View Single Post
Old September 24 2009, 04:34 AM   #38
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Re: Jennifer's Body

Harvey wrote: View Post
Diablo Cody's cutesy, sometimes nonsensical dialogue (I was reminded of "honest to blog" while reading a review of this film recently) can be grating. Other elements annoyed me as well. Anti-abortion protester as cutesy (oh, boy, watch me overuse that word here) and loveable? Planned Parenthood volunteer as multi-pierced, tattoo-ladden distributor of kinky condoms? Juno gets pregnant and the most her parental figures can manage is surprise that Michael Cera's character had it in him? And of course the middle-aged man with an interest in Dario Argento films turns out to be a total creeper. I'm no doubt exaggerating some points, but I haven't had the "pleasure" of a second viewing, so I hope you'll forgive me. What a bizarre and vomit-inducing universe.
JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Harvey pretty much described my problems with Juno in a very cutesy manner.
Eh, we'll just have to agree to disagree then. It might help that much of Juno rang true for me (as in, those sorts of situations and characters really happen/exist). But I realize this wasn't a Juno thread, so I'll let be.

Megan Fox however, yes please. But this movie looked "meh" from the beginning, and I can get Megan Fox hotness from the web.