View Single Post
Old September 23 2009, 11:14 PM   #779
TrekkieMonster
Commodore

Re: What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
Whoa, I thoroughly dredge most things in ketchup. Musta been quite a meatloaf!
Actually, I LOVE ketchup on meatloaf. But, I really worked to make this a damn fine meatloaf. My only regret is that I didn't write down exactly what I did when I originally made it last month ..., so I guess I'll have to cross my fingers and pray the next time.

When I make meatloaf, I'll usually make enough to have at least one regular sized one and a few small ones in the freezer for a quick meal. It's worked out pretty well so far.

Tonight, I think it'll be left over souvlaki.

Backing up, since restaurant meals have been included, Monday night we were on the Cape with my folks and took them to one of our all-time favorite restaurants (Ross' Grill in Provincetown, if anyone's every in the neighborhood.) I started the meal with 3 of the best Wellfleet oysters I think I've ever had, followed by one of the best caesar salads ever; the entre was a perfectly roasted duck breast served with a roasted orange and cranberry glaze and roasted brussels sprouts; all with a lovely bottle of one of my favorite Oregon Pinot Noirs; dessert was this incredibly rich chocolate-peanut butter torte thing that was just decadent (and which we all shared.) They had to roll me out of there like Violet in "Willy Wonka".