View Single Post
Old September 22 2009, 05:45 PM   #47
Daneel
Rear Admiral

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween II Discuss/Grade Thread

The news about Halloween 3D doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I'm not sure if Lussier will be a better or worse choice for the series than Zombie was.

I still haven't seen this one yet... don't know if I will, especially after everything I've read about it. Eh, we'll see.

Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
Doesn't that seem a bit too soon? As reviled as this movie was, and with its disappointing box office take, you'd think they'd want to let it lie for a couple of years before trying again.
In most cases, one would think so, but considering Halloween II's rather low budget ($15 million), it's apparently done well enough to be labeled "profitable".

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
At least I have Trick 'R Treat to look forward to.
I think you'll enjoy that one -- it's good fun. I saw a screening of it in Toronto last month; writer/director Michael Dougherty was on hand to introduce the film and participate in a Q & A afterward. It's a damn shame about how Warner Bros. has treated the film -- it should've come out two years ago, and at the very least been given a limited theatrical release. I just really don't get studio decisions sometimes.
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote