View Single Post
Old September 20 2009, 04:49 PM   #30
thedude
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Is Comcast going to implode?

You guys who have Comcast in Chicago, just be happy you don't have to deal with them in Central Illinois. They used to be Insight here until about 2 years ago, and they're still trying to figure all the wiring out. When I first got high speed at my townhome it would go out every time it rained, and every Friday at 5:30 PM, usually until about an hour before the tech could get there Saturday at 3 PM. Then they never found a problem, so couldn't do anything. It wasn't until a senior tech came out from Indiana did they realize this was affecting everyone on the block, and I was the only one calling about it. There was a "standing waveform loopback" in the wire from the main street, and it was cancelling out service for everyone at peak loads...

Oh, and to top it all off, they're closing the Peoria office, so now tech support loads will increase even further.

And to top it off, I'm paying over $100 for 10 Mbit service, with about 25 or 30 HD channels... I don't even watch standard def TV anymore, buy they refuse to offer any competitive deals with what Dish and DirecTV offer with all HD for like $30/month. So I'm just going to cancel TV now that baseball is over and just get all my TV shows elsewhere...
thedude is offline   Reply With Quote