View Single Post
Old September 18 2009, 02:11 PM   #245
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

Patrickivan wrote: View Post
CTM

Awesome. Is it tedious adding all the little rooms in the saucer, or is there a shortcut to making them? And, how much detail are you planning on going into once you have the overall ship in place (i.e. beds, desks, bridge details, a few people)?

We will pay you in praise for your work...
At this point, I will be happy if I can just finish the rooms and doors (if you look closely, there are no doors on most of the rooms)

Nothing is fitting together like it should. This can become quite frustrating at times. The file is starting to expand in size rapidly. For months I was at about 98MB, it's now at 197MB (not that my new system can't handle it though). The whole project is becoming unwieldy even with a beast of a system to process it. I also have other projects that are backing up, that I need to get to (some even from paying customers), but I can't seem to stop myself on this project for long.

Fortunately, this is the single most complex deck, F-deck is largely quarters, as are most of the smaller decks above F. I can start to see light from the other end of the tunnel. The only major obstacles remaining are the Impulse Engines and the Rec Deck (also the fitting/mounting of the Warp Engines, but that will be about the last thing I do on this project).