View Single Post
Old September 17 2009, 12:35 PM   #232
Saquist
Commodore

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

CTM wrote: View Post

I am still learning AutoCAD 2000, so I don't entirely know how to do some of those things. Most of what I'm doing is exactly what I would have done with R13. I could go through and assign detailed colors, but that gets into more artistic stuff that I just don't know how to do well. Obviously, some things have been done in color (lifepods, cargo hold etc.), and I will likely add more color at key locations - I had long seen this more as a "build it" project than a "paint it" project.

Saquist - what will really scare you is that I'm starting to see this as a "rough draft" build, with a more detailed, better designed build to come in a later attempt. There are many things I would do differently, now that I am that much more familiar with the problem space. Maybe I'll build a Locknar and an Excelsior before returning and doing this project over.
I've been suspecting that for little bit of time now. I realized that fitting this in the hull as the out side is supposed to appear is going to be a grade B nightmare.

That being the case I also realized that the artistic part of this (which really is the whole thing) but the color portion is really unimportant.

As I've said before I'm well versed on Auto CAD 2000, 2005 and 2007. If there is any tips I can give you I'm a PM away.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote