View Single Post
Old September 17 2009, 06:03 AM   #404
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Grading & Discussion

Crap, crap, mega-crap, Optimus-Shite! Something is deeply wrong with Michael Bay. How can he populate a movie with so much wackyness and yet justify all of these super-serious epic slow-mo shots? All of those "jive-ass" comic relief robots make Jar Jar Binks look like a spokesman for the NAACP.

Terrible acting. I've always thought Shia LaBeouf was overrated (except he was good as the sidekick in Constantine). Josh Duhmel & Tyrese Gibson are clearly not even trying. I think Megan Fox has the potential for decent work. (I'm excited about Jennifer's Body this week.) But look elsewhere for it. The roommate was even worse.

The parents were kinda funny. I could have used more of stoned mother.

Whereas John Turturro was an annoying distraction in the first film, here he was, shockingly, a welcome appearance because he's one of the only decent actors I saw in all 2 1/2 hours.

And WTF is up with that runtime? How does a movie expect to hold anyone's attention for that long when it's practically a commercial for Ritalin? That was my one major note after the first one; make the sequel shorter. If you're going to be this crappy, can you at least be short?