View Single Post
Old September 15 2009, 07:13 PM   #7
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Is Comcast going to implode?

LutherSloan wrote: View Post
EnterpriseF wrote: View Post
Here where I live we're waiting for U-Verse but Comcast has blocked them in court
Again, can't believe this stuff is legal. But this is what happens when corporations have the same rights as individuals.
No, this is what happens when you give cable companies a loophole telecoms don't have.

At this point, there is very little functional difference between what Comcast does and what AT&T does. The difference is, AT&T is regulated so they must open their lines up to competitors. Cable companies are allowed to have local monopolies and are not required to share their lines whatsoever.

Telecom regulation needs to become medium-agnostic. Be it fiber, coax, over the air, or copper, and whether you're primarily pushing data to customers or customers are dialing out, they should all be subject to the same anti-monopoly rules.
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote