View Single Post
Old September 14 2009, 03:37 AM   #2
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Re: True Blood 2x12 - "Beyond Here Lies Nothin" (Spoilers)

Daaaaamn. That was a mixed bag, if I ever saw one.

Among the highs - no, the highest point - was seeing Charlaine Harris herself in the bar.

Among the lows - Everything with MAF. It went on way too long, and the solution was the punchline of a bad joke.

That was a quick and easy way to get rid of the Eggs character, but what followed was the single worst bit of acting from "Tara" in the two years of the show. It was just appallingly bad.

I wonder where this Sam and not-parents thing is going.

One of the lines here was True Blood's answer to the "get this cheese to sickbay" line from Voyager: "You killed our sacred egg!"

Seriously, wtf was up with that? lol

But then we get a ridiculously hilarious line to follow: "You might have your faults, Andy, but at least ya got yer pants on."

Nice to see Miss Jeanette again.

Jessica, Jessica, Jessica. Oh, this could be really bad for Hoyt. Poor Hoyt. Finally gets his head on straight, then this ... sad.

Overall for the season, I would estimate about 15-20% of the season was taken from the book, the remaining 80-85% is new for the show. While not following it directly, they at least give you an idea of what the book is about.

Oh, and for those thinking about picking up the books, I hear Walmart's running a special, the first seven books in paperback, in a collection for just 28 bucks.
OmahaStar is offline   Reply With Quote