View Single Post
Old September 13 2009, 01:55 AM   #20
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine--The Cleanest Food To Find

^Yeah...I had realized the awkwardness of having Bashir "help out" early on, but I also knew that, as Bashir had gone through some similar conflicts, his help would be very essential. Hence, I had Ezri, at the beginning of the scene, give Julian some instructions on what to do. She's confident that he'd be able to fill in the blanks....

I would say that, as a rule, Ezri is not as "orthodox" as most counselors would be. Thus, her methods would seem rather strange at times. Still...as the story shows, they do prove to be effective--perhaps because of the unusual pattern. Perhaps she's given Julian some training in the field--for these kinds of situations....

Still...I'd also made sure to aknowledge the awkwardness in the Quark's Bar scene. Now, as Simon knows of Bashir's involvement--and has been reassured a bit about this in said bar scene--most, if not all, of the awkwardness should be gone....

Thanks for the thoughts!

As for the title...it's technically based on a line from Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. The hero of the book has a similar conversation with a newfound friend of his, in a somewhat similar situation.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."

Last edited by Rush Limborg; September 13 2009 at 02:06 AM.
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote