View Single Post
Old September 13 2009, 12:36 AM   #60
Re: The "Bride" of the "M'Ress Appreciation Thread"

Jiraiya wrote: View Post
Honestly, that is the best piece of art I have seen for M'Ress! Did she actually photoshop pieces of lion in that pic? It is that photo-realistic.
I purchased a "print" of that selection from the artist. It is apparently hand drawn with colored pencils to create the effect of individual fur strands. Shrunk as it was, the "photographic" illusion became a bit more believable.

Onto a slightly different, but still related, topic, which one of these "interpretations" of Lt. M'Ress do you (meaning anyone reading this thread) prefer?

The first one employs a base mesh modeled to resemble an anime/manga figure. Morphs were used to make it appear feline. This is the one I've shown earlier in this thread.

The second one employs a base mesh modeled to resemble a generic anthropomorphic character. Morphs were used to make it appear more distinctively feline; the default shape was somewhat "mousey".

Obviously, neither is a direct "recreation" of the 2d cel art, but rather, they are "personal interpretations". Given that, which do you find the "more appropriate" interpretation?

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote