View Single Post
Old September 11 2009, 01:45 PM   #21
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: Your favourite TrekLit ships?

Thrawn wrote: View Post
William Leisner wrote: View Post
KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Forget the characters Star Trek thrives on cool spaceships.
*weeps*
*commiserates*

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the ship designs. I see them on screen, then I like something visually dynamic and interesting to follow through the space battles, but on the page... nah.

I've never had a particularly visual imagination though; I can read a whole series about a character and be fascinated by their personality and actions without really ever having a mental image. Same is true with ships. Even with the Titan on the cover, when it describes the Titan doing something, I don't tend to take the mental effort to visualize it specifically.

Perhaps I'm odd in this way.
My comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

But I'm big on visualization - up until Transformers my "brain fx" were far better than any movie or TV show. Nowadays it's about even.

Any chance of Christopher, David R George III or any of the other authors with their ships mentioned here getting artistic? They don't have to be masterpieces - line drawings in MS paint would do (or scanned-in back-of-napkin-in-biro scribbles), just to give us rough shapes.

Or maybe other people here posting pics of what they think these mystery ships should look like?
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote