View Single Post
Old September 11 2009, 03:41 AM   #19
Harvey
Admiral

Re: Bram Stoker's Dracula - Yea or Nay?

Too Much Fun wrote: View Post
It just reinforced the opinion I started forming after I started investigating Francis Ford Coppola's films other than the first two "Godfather" movies that he's just not very good. Other examples: "The Outsiders", "Jack", "Apocalypse Now", "The Conversation". Those last two are so boring and pointless, I can't imagine why they're considered classics. His "Peggy Sue Got Married" is very nice, though.
Apocalypse Now and The Conversation "boring and pointless?" Peggy Sue Got Married "nice?" You've just ignored his best two films (outside of The Godfather and The Godfather Part II) and given life to one of his lesser, hired gun projects (one filled with cheesy sentiment and nepotism for his nephew, nonetheless).

At least you didn't take the chance to dump on his screenplay for Patton or his writing and direction on The Rain People. You want to see a Coppola movie that's worthless, try Dementia 13 or Finnian's Rainbow. On second thought, no. I wouldn't wish those films upon anybody.

This is one of those movies that is beautiful to look at, but just hollow (like "Blade Runner").
Ah, I see. Our tastes are so far removed from one another that it would be pointless to continue.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote