View Single Post
Old September 10 2009, 10:47 PM   #12
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: Ships that *never sailed*

I definitely agree with Picard/Crusher and Janeway/Chakotay. There was definitely chemistry there that could have been further explored. Hell, the TNG episode "Attached" should have sealed the deal with P/C and yet it never happened. At least the novels finally had the nerve to tackle the P/C relationship. J/C fans would feel bittersweet about the exploration of a romance between Janeway and Chakotay in the VOY novel Full Circle.

As much as I prefer Picard with Crusher, I will say that his relationship with Neela Darren in "Lessons" was interesting and well-executed. She seemed to be a good match for Picard, and it's a shame that she only lasted for one episode.

I loved the flirtation between Jadzia and Bashir, but I honestly never expected them to get together. I kinda liked the way they played Bashir as a lovestruck puppy following her around. I think she enjoyed the attention but would have never considered him as a potential suitor.

I have to say that I was a big fan of the Doctor/Kes relationship. I think that could have blossomed into something sweet. Those two also had great chemistry. I didn't particularly like how the Doctor became so attached to Seven of Nine in the later years; I much preferred him with Kes and it's a shame that their relationship didn't have an opportunity to develop further.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote