View Single Post
Old September 10 2009, 03:31 AM   #51
Peter the Younger
Commodore

Re: Obama Space Plan: Return to Moon: "No Go"

Alpha Romeo wrote: View Post
Buck Rogers wrote: View Post
It's Helium 3,and water ice from comet impacts as well as Mineral rights will drive a return regardless if its NASA or a Civilian space effort once ISS is complete they're planing on deorbiting the station by 2015 unless there is a public outcry not to kill station.
We need ISS for assembly of Orion translunar ship that will carry the new Lunar lander,and Mars mission spacecraft that is the purpose of having station in place even it means we need to form an new global space agency to take over operations.

That's my two cents

Signed

Buck Rogers
Such a waste to de-orbit the station. What the hell was the point of the whole thing if they're gonna fucking trash it?>??
They aren't really going to trash the station, at least not by the "threatened" date. The Senate will swoop in to save it, I promise you. Too much invested, and all that.

Now having said that, I'd be a lot happier with the thing if they moved it someplace interesting, like a La Grange point. But we'd need Ares (or something similar) to get back and forth to it then.

Peter the Younger is offline   Reply With Quote