View Single Post
Old September 9 2009, 01:48 PM   #43
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny
Re: *~Star Trek Books FAQ Latest Edition~*

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
DarkHorizon wrote: View Post
^The submission guidelines are designed so that the editors can see you're capable of writing the central characters. They aren't intended to reflect the current novel timeframes and/or storylines.
So I wouldn't even submit my proper idea of the novel I'd like to get published, I would sort of submit a demo reel of my style and if I get the characters right and then wait for Pocket to give me a story?
Something like that, you'd have to submit the full 10-page synopsis and the first three chapter of say, a TNG novel, and if the editor likes what they see, they'll add you to the list of authors and you can pitch to your heart's content I believe, or they'll give you something to test the waters. Perhaps one of the writers/former editors/freelance editors would be better suited to answer that.

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote