View Single Post
Old September 8 2009, 07:24 PM   #51
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: The Return of Bruce Wayne Disucssion (Spoilers)

coolghoul wrote: View Post
^ Didn't he get into a similar obsessive/emotionally unbalanced way of dealing with Conner Kent's death?
He did, going so far as trying to clone Conner. But Tim knows that Bruce is dead, yet he's convinced that Bruce is alive. The latest issue of Red Robin explains where some of that might be coming from; Tim reveals to Cass (Wonder Girl) that, during Final Crisis, he was forced to listen to the Anti-Life Equation. Now, that's supposed to drive someone insane.

I just recently read Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader (gorgeous hardcover edition with awesome Andy Kubert art) and posted about it in the other thread. I really liked the end and so it seems clear to me that Bruce Wayne will resume as Batman.
It hasn't been outright stated, but it's possible that "Whatever Happened..." is part of Bruce's experience in the Omega Sanction. If anyone can think himself out of the Omega Sanction, it's going to be Bruce Wayne.
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote