View Single Post
Old September 7 2009, 10:06 PM   #15
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

Re: SyFy considering doing Cooking and Talk Shows...

God Magnus wrote: View Post
Pingfah wrote: View Post
A talk show that specifically talked about and interviewed luminaries of sci-fi across all it's mediums would be good. But I doubt that is what they mean.
I would love that kind of show. Perhaps with a segment of well known (and well spoken) genre fans discussing past, present and future events in scifi. It would be a nice platform for retrospectives too.

I agree though. Sadly I don't think that's what they mean.
it will probably be like those annoying Vh1 shows where they get these actors & comedians no one's ever heard of to comment on different sci-fi fantasy shows or movies or sci-fi topics and dumb it down with unfunny comedy & stuff like "which show has the hottest alien babes - discuss?"

btw, anyone remember back in the mid/late 90s TNT(or was it TBS?) used to have these cooking shows called Dinner and a Movie where they would show a film & in between segments theyd have a couple comment about the film while they were cooking something that was themed to what they were watching? Maybe theyll do something like that...which would still be lame but whatever.
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote