View Single Post
Old September 6 2009, 02:39 PM   #23
T'Baio
Admiral

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween II Discuss/Grade Thread

Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
Yeah. So that's the first movie, and I liked it much more than this one. How am I doing so far?
You pretty much hit the nail on the head, there. Funny thing is, I don't even remember it all that much, and it was only, what, a year and a half ago? You mention Laurie and this finger in the bagel bit...I'm drawing a total blank. I just remember Malcolm McDowell acting like a crazed retard...badly, at that...some hot naked chicks, hot Sheri Moon Zombie somehow being, I don't know how, very fun and interesting (she always seems to be memorable), and a cool death scene in a truck stop bathroom. Then I remember some sort of quasi "faithful" adaptation of Carpenter's Halloween, which was strange in itself only because the first half was so weird and the 2nd half was a total remake.

I think Rob Zombie has talent. He's got an eye for the interesting and bizarre. House of 1000 Corpses was visually interesting and somewhat frightening and I thought The Devil's Rejects was fantastic. But Halloween was so bad, I haven't had much of an urge to see this one, and you're definitely not convincing me I should!

I'm hoping projects that are more up his alley, like Superbeasto and Tyrannosaurus Rex, are at the very least more interesting. But The Blob remake with no Blob? Not so sure about that one.
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote