View Single Post
Old September 5 2009, 01:33 PM   #12
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Re: Trek romances - the good, the bad, and the boring?

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Kes / Neelix - OMG, that had to be one of the worst TV romances ever. He was old, ugly and annoying, she was young, pretty and intelligent. Who the hell came up with that pairing? FAIL!
I have to agree, but more because they just didn't seem to truly have anything in common. I think theirs was the least believable pairing of the lot and the fact it eventually fizzled out came as no surprise to me. Kes had more chemistry with the Doctor than with Neelix, IMO...

Personally, I thought the Worf and Troi pairing was the best, but it came to an end when Worf was assigned to DS9, IMO. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if they kept them together during the movies--it might have been Worf and Troi getting married in Nemesis perhaps...

For me, the most boring was Picard and Crusher. It started off fine--even cute once or twice--but they dragged that out so ridiculously long and then dropped it altogether once the TV series ended (fortunately, the post-Nemesis novels picked it back up and didn't waste any time moving them logically forward)...