View Single Post
Old September 4 2009, 08:24 PM   #158
Jono
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Online

Galactus wrote: View Post
I just saw a press release today and I too lazy to read the whole thread. So is this basically like the games where you play $30 a month to live in an online world. Can someone give me the cliff notes version of what is going on
Pretty much.

Subspace wrote: View Post
SilentP wrote: View Post
^^ While I'm not completely satisfied about the style of some of the changes, it's not exactly surprising that refits for these ships would change them aesthetically, considering the fact that by this stage, some of these ships are approaching 50 years old. The Constitution refit of the movies was done to a class that was far younger than that by the stage the refit happened.

In any case, we can still use the original parts. I wonder if it will be possible to tell the more 'dedicated' fans from the players who are less familiar with the franchise purely by the ship styles that they sport.
I think the more dedicated or long time fans, are going to have the original Hull configurations, And the newcomers will get the parts that look most 'Cool'.
Wouldn't be surprised to see stuff like unique hull parts been sold as an optional extra whether they be purely cosmetic or a way to buy a leg up at some point in the future. Its a cheap way to squeeze more money out of users.

Last edited by Jono; September 4 2009 at 09:02 PM.