Thread: Fitness Checkin
View Single Post
Old August 28 2009, 06:56 PM   #222
JustKate
Rear Admiral

Re: Fitness Checkin

I've been walking quite a bit the past several months - 3-5 times per week, 3-4 miles per walk. I love it - I've always loved walking. But the problem is that winter, with those short, short days, is coming soon, and while I live in a nice, safe small town, I know I won't be able to keep up this schedule once it's dark pretty much every moment I'm not at work. Walking in the dark isn't so bad, and walking in the cold, with or without snow, isn't bad, either, but slush, snow or bitter cold combined with dark...not so good.

We have a fitness center here at the office - which is great, don't get me wrong, but...dear God, is the treadmill boring compared to walking out in the real world. So is the elliptical trainer. And as for the stairmaster, that may be the most boring thing ever. I used to use it pretty regularly a few years ago, and I felt like a draft horse grinding wheat or something. ("Come on, Kate!" ::crack:: "Move it along there, old girl!" ) B-o-o-o-o-O-O-O-O-o-o-o-o-oring! There's a TV in there...I could use my iPod...but golly, that all sounds boring, too, compared to looking at squirrels and houses and people and the herons that nest in the park and...

Does anybody have any suggestions for making indoor exercising less b-o-o-o-o-O-O-O-O-o-o-o-o-oring? I don't want to lose all this conditioning I've worked so hard for.

Last edited by JustKate; August 28 2009 at 08:23 PM.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote