View Single Post
Old August 24 2009, 04:26 PM   #36
Bluesteel
Commander

Re: What channel should a new Trek TV series be on?

ChristopherPike wrote: View Post
Is syndication an option that still exists? TNG and DS9 were both sold to stations across the board back in '90s, regardless of owner (although most turned out to be FOX). It's not really a mystery how the viewership dropped off (VOY-ENT), if the ratings that were being totalled up came from fewer stations by the end. The exclusivity UPN had with Star Trek killed it, especially if they were expecting to have impressive figures from places that weren't even showing it, let alone at a time when it was supposed to be on.

If my memory serves me the Ratings started to drop after TNG Season 5 and just continued. DS9 lost viewers too.

ambessalion wrote: View Post
i would have chosen syndication had that choice been available but from the ones listed i picked CBS but every market has that...whereas not all markets have syfi or spike. and not every cable user has showtime. and not everyone has cable.
Well I was once told that a new season of Stargate would go straight to Sci-Fi and then a year later it would in to syndication or something. Why not?
Bluesteel is offline   Reply With Quote