View Single Post
Old August 21 2009, 09:57 PM   #47
TrekkieMonster
Commodore

Re: TOS' U.S.S. Valiant and Farragut....

Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread before.

I love your take on these ships -- all of them. My favorite is probably the Valiant referenced in WNMHGB, but I also like the later pre-Connie version as well. That design is very much in line with the general design cues of a pre-TOS ship for a fanfic I've been kicking around.

And the Farragut is great, too. I even like your Bonaventure. As mentioned above, I really like the subtle references back to elements from the DY class (and, sacrilege though it may be, I was never a fan of the TAS version.) *ducks from flying tomatoes*

And finally ...

Warped9 wrote: View Post
I've created my own Star Trek chronology with TOS, TAS and TMP as the primary sources with some written materiel as secondary sources. Anything post TMP (which doesn't add up to much) is considered only wherein it could be consistent with that previously established or could be fit in without contradicting what had already been established. I can dig up a copy for you if you like.

As fas as I'm considered (for myself) the refit Enterprise and crew is essentially still out there exploring after the events of TMP.
Yeah, while I am well aware it's not "canon", I've always had my own ideas of what the TOS and movie era timeline should have been. To me, there should have been two 5-year missions with the original crew before TMP (TOS + TAS and Phase II), though I can live with one. And there definitely should have been at least one or two more between TMP and TOS.

And whenever I watch TSFS, when the scene between Kirk and Admiral Morrow comes up, where he talks about decommissioning the Enterprise, I always try to squint my eyes just a little and cock my head in just the right way so that I can almost convince myself that Morrow says the Enterprise is fiftyyears old, instead of twenty.

But, that's just me.

In any event, this is great work. I'm in absolute awe of your photo manip skills. Really amazing!!!

Last edited by TrekkieMonster; August 21 2009 at 10:18 PM.
TrekkieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote