View Single Post
Old August 19 2009, 07:32 PM   #78
Marie1
Rear Admiral

Re: Bleeding orange and green...or what?

LOL- yeah, when I first saw the thread I thought it'd be something re: Cath. vs. Prot. in Ireland!

Myasishchev wrote: View Post
Marie1 wrote: View Post
Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
What's common? Bruises/scars appearing purple? Or am I misreading you?
Bruises/scars being purple. A lot of umm... parts, of non-white people are purple, when on a white person, they'd be pink. That includes scars and bruises, in my case...
My experience has been that it's more of a dark brown, but that could just be a different in terminology. Which makes sense, as my understanding was it's just a melanin concentration issue--with the skin simply not being transparent enough to visual wavelengths for the blood to reflect light to our eyes.

My girlfriend of Korean-American (German-Jewish-muttish) descent has pinkish scars that veer toward the purple, I suppose, but I've never given it that much thought. My scars tend to be white--probably showing that the melanin concentration in the incorrectly reconstructed skin tissue is lower. Her scars also tend to be hypertrophic, with raised deposits of collagen, while mine tend to heal flat.
My Bruises are usually purple, will turn brown then yellow... Scars turn purple when fresh, then I can tan to fade them... burns turn brown tho- like severe ones...

To complicate things, in TrekLit- Jem'Hadar have amber blood, in the show, it was that same dark colour as Garaks...
Amber? Geez. Do they bother to name a chemical? Pink (Klingon?) blood is hemerythin, also iron-based... I think vanabins are orange... what would make golden yellow?
[/QUOTE]
Nope, they don't mention it... I don't think they put that much thought in it.