View Single Post
Old August 18 2009, 05:05 PM   #268
CaptainKen
Lieutenant Commander

View CaptainKen's Twitter Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

CaptainKen wrote: View Post
NEO f/x wrote: View Post
No harm done....I have purposely kept what we are doing quiet per a request from the Exeter team...we want the end to be a surprise.

As for Jimm in the animated episode (even as a voice), I will certainly ask.
You are a perfect promoter! Wow! Are you ever building the suspense for me! I really, really, really can't wait to see Act 4 of Exeter!

Please persuade Jimm to do that voice-over! That would be really cool. Why use an unknown Captain/voice/ship, when Captain Garrovick is available? Seriously, even if they only produce those 2 episodes, every serious Trek fan really should see them. It's a new ship, but Exeter has the look and feel of TOS! It would be really cool to hear Garrovick (maybe see him?) in Animated Farragut. This is an awesome idea, Michael!
We fans just love this crossover kind of stuff. My own theory is that it helps to promote a sense of continuity, it helps to create the universe of Trek; if the series interact with each other (even a little) it shows they're all part of something bigger, something Roddenberry called "Star Trek."

Any word on this idea of recruiting Jimm Johnson for the voiced line, Michael? I really hope you're able to include Jimm / Capt. Garrovick in Animated Farragut. It's a WIN-WIN-WIN for everyone involved. I know you said it would be a voice-only part, but it sure would be cool to have a quick clip of the Exeter and then of Garrovick in his chair, speaking that line that you said was available. I'll even let you delay the release date by another 2 weeks to make that happen.

You've been a little quiet lately, Michael. Hard at work? Or sneaking in a vacation? My son and I talk regularly about seeing the rest of the "Power Source." I think this means he liked it, VERY MUCH! The last couple times we've talked about watching Star Trek, he's been asking to see the one with Capt. Carter! More power to you,
Ken