View Single Post
Old August 17 2009, 04:59 PM   #53
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Bleeding orange and green...or what?

"Glowering" or "glaring" are two words that come to my mind--it may not have a defined "face," but it sure has an expression.

As to the origin of the Union sigil, I personally have my own explanation for it in my fanfic universe...I see it as a stylized rendition of a predator animal that has been adopted as the symbol of the Union, much as the eagle is the symbol of the United States. (It is NOT the vole, of course--but it's interesting to note that if you look at a Cardassian vole, it has the same tail you see on the Union sigil. It's likely, given evolution, that other animals possess a similar tail.) I do not give it the name gălor, because in my version of the language, that is a word meaning "world," and is only used on the class of ship because such ships are capable of taking part in world-conquering campaigns.