View Single Post
Old August 15 2009, 11:45 PM   #264
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Dennis, my reviews have no element of charity. I enjoyed your work more that Star Trek XI, and to say otherwise would simply be a lie. I admit to being a lot less impressed by expensive production values than many people. But your production values are good enough that anyone objecting is just focused on the fact that you don't have a mult-million dollar budget. As the daughter of an electrical engineer, a member of both the American Museum of National History and PBS, and a fan of real science lectures, I know that real science usually looks more like your Trek than like JJA's Trek. That means the element of suspension of disbelief is better in your stuff than on his. Your Trek also has real ideas in it, while his is not merely lacking in ideas, it's cartoonish.

The primary purpose of my blog is to help the mild uncostumed, non-convention-going Trek fan find Fan Films like yours, and encourage them to realize that there are better fan films than those produced by a few kids in their basement. At the same time, if, in listing every Fan Film I can find, I help those who are seriously into Trek find films they would have missed... that's a good thing, too.

I thought when I started Star Trek Reviewed that by now I'd have located, watched and reviewed all the fan films, and I'd be starting on the audio productions. Instead, I am still finding new films almost every day, and have eliminated any hope of ever getting to the audio productions. The Fan Film world is far larger than I had imagined.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote