Thread: The Typhon Pact
View Single Post
Old August 10 2009, 07:00 PM   #303
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: The Typhon Pact

^Sci...I was referring to the "good people" mentioned by SpaceLama and rahullak...not the idiots who botched up their own companies....

But by the same token, I don't think you're paying sufficient attention to the need to regulate business to prevent such a large accumulation of wealth in the hands of the elites -- i.e., the need to redistribute at least some wealth. 10% of this country owns 90% of the wealth; that ten percent could get by with 50%. Such an accumulation of wealth is a threat to democracy and to the liberty of the other 90% of the population.
*sigh*

Sci...the economy is not a zero-sum game. If the rich get richer, it does not follow that the poor will get poorer.

A rising tide lifts all boats--provided it is a legitimate rise, not one conjured up by overprinting of money (which is what happened in the .com bubble and the housing crisis).

To truly rise the tide, cut taxes for everyone... cut the burdensome regs which are more harm than good...and keep the Fed Reserve from arbitrarily fixing interest rates and the money supply. The economy will roar back to life.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote