View Single Post
Old August 10 2009, 12:07 AM   #2328
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: A Hater Revisits Voyager

kimc wrote:
Well if I took a shot at a deal three years previously and saw that deal fall through I would have a no compromise policy too. That's called "lessons learned" or as Scotty once said "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."
I suppose that's possible, but something about the way she said it ticked me off. The delivery was very saccharin; too rich for my tastes.

Imperfection
(***)

Seven's cortical node starts to break down and it needs to be replaced on the double, so Shmully uses one of the nodes he removed from Janeway, Tuvok and Torres once they were deborgified last week. The end.

What do you mean that's not what happened? They go looking for a Borg cortical node in a debris field instead? Well what happened to all the Borg stuff Shmully removed from the others? Neelix got really high on space peyote and thought he was an imp so he stole it all from sickbay and flushed it down the toilet? Aw, I'm upset that I missed that. At least tell me that in a nod to continuity they went back to the debris field of the Borg tactical cube that was destroyed last week so that they could get one from a recently deceased Borg. It's just a random debris field they were passing, you say? Aw poo.

(I know this episode got switched around with the next one so I'll save my comments about the Delta Flyer II until then.)

There's some decent character stuff for Seven in this episode, and Icheb was well utilised at the end. His decision to risk his own life to save Seven because she refused to let him help her was good. Holding the episode back was the fact that it felt like it was going through the motions for the first half, and there was some annoying dialogue, especially the bit about the tear at the end.

Torpedoes: 81/38

SEVEN: My link to the Collective has been severed for nearly four years.
Three years.

JANEWAY: If I'd accepted reality six years ago I'd have settled on the first M class planet we came across. Instead, I'm 30,000 light years closer to Bloomington, Indiana.
40,000 light years.

Godsdammit!! They were the seven smartest and funniest people on the ship, why were they killed off?!! They should have at least kept Josh around.