View Single Post
Old August 8 2009, 03:45 AM   #84
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Grading & Discussion

Know what? Fuck the critics.

This film is the best turn-your-brain-off action film I've seen this year. I came in expecting a good time and I got it. I had a big stupid grin on my face through most of the movie. The plot is cliched, the action is ridiculous, everything about this movie is just plain silly, but damn it all if I care. I had a damn good time. It's not at all like that horrid Tansformers 2, that made me feel like I was under assault. If you want explosions, action, ninjas, guns, car chases, and just plain fun, go see this. Oh, I also might add that Baroness and Scarlet are the best eye candy of the year as well (to hell with Megan Fox.)

As far as the action scenes go, I thought the chase in Paris was worth the price of admission alone (even if the ending of it was spoiled by the trailers.) Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were also both completely awesome. Both of their fights scenes were great. Snake Eyes in particular walked away with the entire movie.