View Single Post
Old August 7 2009, 03:38 AM   #29
Rackon
Commander

Re: Let's discuss all episodes of TOS

Journey To Babel is my favorite episode.

It has everything I love about TOS Trek - emphasis on character, aliens, mystery, suspense, the big E in peril, great dialogue for the big three - plus Sarek and Amanda (I love Sarek!!). Spock gets his family straightened out, Kirk gets to fight and play act, and Bones gets the last word. There's lots going on plot wise and the diaolgue is highly effective and true to character.

I absolutely love Sarek, and Mark Lenard's elegant portrayal of him. He's brilliant, charming, devastating, formidable and intrinsically *Vulcan* - quite the force of personality. I totally believe this man is a power broker between the worlds. Jane Wyman is nearly as wonderful as Amanda, and the two play beautifully off one and another. Amanda's confrontation with Spock when he will not step down as acting captain to save his father is one of the best scenes in all of Trek.

There are so many other episodes I enjoy, but especially these:

Amok Time
City On The Edge Of Forever
Balance of Terror
The Doomsday Machine
Shore Leave
Tomorrow Is Yesterday
The Enterprise Incident
All Our Yesterdays

I was watching Court Martial a couple weeks ago and was surprised at how good it was. the power went out when I was about 2/3 of the way through, so I'll have to revisit the episode again soon.
Rackon is offline   Reply With Quote