View Single Post
Old August 6 2009, 03:36 AM   #115
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2009

So far I've seen five movies in the theatre this year:

The Spirit (I got a kick out of it. For some reason people expected this to be another Sin City or a Dark Knight. I liked it. Scarlett Johansson's cleavage was a bonus.)

Watchmen (Wish it was longer, but it got the job done. I'm in the minority, I know, but on the whole I thought some of the storyline changes made it a better movie).

Star Trek (One of the best films I've seen in the last 5 years)

Night at the Museum (It was a fun film, with great scenery, both architectural - all the museums - and human - Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart).

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (My first HP film seen in the theatre after catching up with the rest on DVD. This isn't a standalone movie at all, but by this point it doesn't have to be. Gets the job done and has some great funny moments. Can't wait for the next one.)

Not sure what other films I'll be seeing this year. Avatar is very likely one I'll go see, as is the Hilary Swank film about (as it so happens) Amelia Earhart. I'm also interested in seeing the new film The Moon, but it's not showing at any theatres in my part of the world, so that one may have to wait for DVD.

Cheers!

Alex
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote