Thread: The Typhon Pact
View Single Post
Old August 5 2009, 11:17 PM   #283
St. William Of Levittown
Vice Admiral

Location: Rush Limborg is prepping for Christmas on The EIB Network
Re: The Typhon Pact

'Pax Britannica' mearly refers to peaceful trading conditions, such as absense of piracy, not a lack of suffering amongst the common folk of the world.
Mass suffering has occured throughout history, folks--as have conflicts. When you compare all the risks of massive full-scale war breaking out today with all the risks then...you get my earlier point.

And Sci...is "you would be erroneous" grammatically correct? Because I would think "your information is erroneous" would be more appropriate.

Just sayin'....

As for Bacco and Section 31...I'd think Nan would surely suspect something by now. I wonder exactly what was going through her mind as she learned that Ross was going to resign.

I'd put my money on "Now that was a little suspicious...does Ross honestly expect me to believe that someone with his record of loyalty and integrity would assasinate a president? There's more to this than meets the eye...I'm sure of it...."
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
St. William Of Levittown is offline   Reply With Quote