Thread: Fitness Checkin
View Single Post
Old August 5 2009, 12:49 AM   #203
Michael Chris
Admiral

Re: Fitness Checkin

Star Treks wrote: View Post
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this board but I thought I'd share a bit about myself.

After 26 years I've finally decided it's time to get in shape. unfortunately my love for fast food and my dislike of exercise took its toll through the last decade of my life. About a month ago I decided enough was enough. I'm exercising every day and dieting... I've gone from 327 to 297 in the last month and am just praying I don't hit a plateau any time soon. Believe it or not even though I've lost 30 pounds I'm still really waiting for the obvious visible differences, but hopefully they'll come in soon.
Awesome! I didn't have quite that much to lose, but I did have a fair amount (100 or so pounds). I wish you the very best!!

If I have any advice, it is don't worry to much about the visible difference! My experience with that was that because I was around my body so much, and the fact that it was changing slowly meant that my mind was adapting to it as I was losing the weight. It sometimes felt like I wasn't losing weight, but I looked at the scale and my weight was dropping. Even though you might not see it initially, as I didn't, the visible signs are going to be there! Don't get discouraged.