View Single Post
Old August 4 2009, 11:27 PM   #64
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny
Re: Kiele Sanchez: Genre babe of the week #32 (Aug. 2009)

Daedalus12 wrote: View Post
^ I know you wanted to drop the topic but I can't help it. I have to ask you these questions because so far you've been criticizing Lost using vague generalities which is understandable considering you've only seen 10 minutes of it. But what exactly did you predict would happen at the end of the first season? Also what concept do you actually think Lost is about in the later seasons?
I said that there would be weird creatures on the island, mysterious inhabitants, and some mechanism which brought the plane down and would bring others down if it wasn't kept in check. That's all I remember off the top of my head. As for the rest of the seasons, I know there was some government research (not clichéd? Please) and escalating confrontations between the crash survivors and the island's inhabitants (again, all island shows have this plot. It's boring) and I heard about some wacky time travel stuff, but that's all I know. A couple of friends who watch the show have told me that it's been getting more and more ridiculous but they've invested enough time in it to keep watching until the end, whenever that might be.

Aragorn wrote: View Post
You have to remember, he is smarter than us, so we're just too stupid to understand the deep complexities of his words.
Sheesh. When I went to university I did a media module about the continuous use of the same old plots, tired clichés, and unimaginative screenwriters who dress up their work to make it appear superficially different to what has come before. I didn't notice it before and I do now. Am I smarter or is it just the fact that I find what I look for?

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote