View Single Post
Old August 3 2009, 09:48 AM   #98
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

Re: Superman and Batman to join forces with Islamic superheroes

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Thats Magneto from X-Men #1. And pretty much every appearence till Claremmont decided to give him a "tragic" backstory.
Who, chronologically, had already had all those things happen to him. It isn't as if he were a nice guy and then turned evil AFTER some writer wrote the backstory. The backstory simply explains how the character got to be who we see in the comics.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you, if you understand basic writing concepts at all.

Again where are all these Black Furys? I mentioned 1602 becuse that was the first Alternate Fury I could recall,
Ultimate Nick Fury (comics)
Ultimate Avengers Nick Fury (dvds)
Wolverine and the X-men Nick Fury (show)
Live Action Movie Nick Fury (movies)

"Black Fury" is surplanting the original Nick Fury in the eyes and minds of the viewer/readership. Do you honestly expect the original Nick to show up ANYWHERE outside the 616 comics going forward?

All caps? Do you really think that helps you make your point? Or lends it more weight? Or does it make you look like a child throwing a tantrum?
No, it draws your attention to something you are obviously NOT reading because you keep trying to compare the re-engineering of core characters, which Galactus and his supporters favor with AUs and legacy characters.

Again you brought up Ultimate Nick as an example of changing a "core character." If you wnat to back way from that feel free.
See above.
darkwing_duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote