Fleet Admiral

Re: Superman and Batman to join forces with Islamic superheroes

[
QUOTE=darkwing_duck1;3252707]
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
darkwing_duck1 wrote: View Post

Been done.
Has it? Refresh my memory.
Most recently with Magdalena, whose entire origin turned out to be a lie by the Catholic Church. The old Image stable had loads of "Christian" groups and characters of dubious fidelity to Christian standards.
I've no idea who or what "Magdalena" is. If it's from Image I most likely ignored it. That company set comics back a decade.

For a larger list of "Christian" villains, go here:

http://www.comicbookreligion.com/?start=600&IsVillain=1

start with records 601-650 and go from there.
I've seen such list before. They tend to rely on guess work. "He's Italian? he must be Catholic" type logic.

Do you object to John Stewert as Green Lantern or Michael Holt as Mister Terrific? Would a black Superman or a Gay Bruce Wayne be any different than a Brunette "Green Lantern" replacing a Blond "Green Lantern" or a 6 foot "Atom" replacing a 5 foot "Atom'? How about an Alien "Hawkman" replacing a human one?
Not what we're talking about...we're talking about re-engineering EXISTING characters, not replacements with the same name.
All those characters are "re-engineered". The Silver Age was all bout "re-engineering." Any character created before 1986 probably was "re-engineered" when it came to religion, because such thing wer not part of the characters in the 40s, 50s or even the 60s. Dave Cockrum and Len Wein had no idea Nightcrawler was a Catholic. The idea that Magneto was a Jew never crossed Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's minds.