View Single Post
Old July 25 2009, 07:11 AM   #6
Captrek
Rear Admiral

Re: Curzon’s big secret (from Facets)

Too Much Fun wrote: View Post
Well she does have the memories of the past hosts, but I'm not sure if that means she was aware of all their feelings and thoughts. I mean it's a lot to ask a person to retain all the memories of so many different people, but all their thoughts and feelings too? I think that's a bit too much for one person to have rattling around in their head at the same time. Regarding the Sisko and Curzon friendship, most of the time she seemed to talk about specific memories they shared rather that Curzon's feelings towards him.
And yet in “Rejoined,” Jadzia not only remembers but feels Torias Dax’s love for the Kahn symbiont so intensely that she’s willing to sacrifice the lives of both symbionts just to be reunited.

nx1701g wrote: View Post
I always took it that the symbiont could hide certain things from the host and, as shown in season three, even itself if the situation warranted it. Maybe knowing that Curzon was in love with her would have been a strain on Jadzia or caused a problem to the symbiont (similar to why Joran's history had been eliminated from Dax).
In that case, Dax and Kahn should have hidden their love for each other (or at least the degree of intensity of that love), given the threat such intense feelings can pose to the lives of the symbionts. Why would the Dax symbiont hide Curzon’s love, which was kind of awkward, but not Torias’s love, which could threaten Dax’s continued existence?
Captrek is offline   Reply With Quote