View Single Post
Old July 24 2009, 08:17 AM   #27
PSGarak
Fleet Captain

Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

I'm another lurker who finally decided to heck with lurking! Posting is what it's all about. I loved DS9 when it came out. To me it was completely superior to what had come before and remains so to what came after. However, due to a job I had during the original run, I never got to watch the series past season 4 and never managed to catch it in syndication. I don't have cable or satellite, but that's a different story.

So, I am now going through the series via Netflix. I just finished Season 1 and am starting Season 2. What is absolutely flooring me is how the series doesn't seem dated at all. If anything, it feels more relevant now than it did then, much like another series I dearly, dearly love, Babylon 5.

Even in the first season, there were a couple of breakout episodes. "Duet" comes instantly to mind with a performance from an actor I have long felt is under-appreciated in character roles, Harris Yulin. (Loved him in Buffy.) The energy and emotion between him and Nana Visitor are electrifying. I'm looking forward to Season 2 and rediscovering this show I never felt I got enough of.

Plus, Cardassians. CardassiansCardassiansCardassians. Did I say Cardassians?
PSGarak is offline   Reply With Quote