Thread: The Typhon Pact
View Single Post
Old July 19 2009, 06:21 PM   #96
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Re: The Typhon Pact

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
The road towards a far more unified galaxy, where no nation or race stands alone but co-operates with its neighbours
Doesn't seem like there's much cooperation going on, unless you're talking about the Typhon Pact members "cooperating" to stand against the Federation.
Well, first the Typhon Pact members are co-operating, not "co-operating" with inverted commas. And, the Khitomer Accords have been expanded- though we don't yet know who actually joined- so there's co-operation there too. Plus,

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
and where political rivalry and jostling for influence in this manner are seen far more often than armed conflict?
How about neither?
Because that's unrealistic. There will always be some kind of conflict, unless some super-beings come along and brainwash everyone into dancing with linked hands around and about the hills, happily agreeing with one another all day long.

[Pay attention to the "too much" as much as the "too little". What we're seeing now, I see as too much.
Yes, I know you do. That's what I said.

[Is it so wrong to want the Federation to continue to exist and be PART of that interconnectedness?

And after 63 billion people perished, whole worlds and lives shattered didn't you want to know some of the consequences?
Yes, but I'd like some hope that the Federation can survive even after that.
Eh...it HAS.