Fleet Captain

Re: The Typhon Pact

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post

rahullak wrote: View Post
^@LaserBeam
Call me hopeless, but I remember a line from Batman Begins:

"Why do we fall Bruce?"
"So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."
I would prefer that the Federation not "fall" at all. It hasn't yet. But the road that the novels are on, doesn't look particularly happy. You want to talk quotes from Batman Begins? Well, what about this one? That's what the books are doing to the Federation:

Gotham's time has come. Like Constantinople or Rome before it the city has become a breeding ground for suffering and injustice. It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die. This is the most important function of the League of Shadows. It is one we've performed for centuries. Gotham... must be destroyed.
I'm taking "fall" to mean "taking a hit". And the Borg invasion was a massive hit but did not bring about the Fall of the Federation.

As for your quote from Batman Begins, I don't think it compares. The Federation wasn't "falling to pieces", wasn't a "breeding ground for suffering and injustice", wasn't "beyond saving" before Destiny.

And after 63 billion people perished, whole worlds and lives shattered didn't you want to know some of the consequences and see our heroes working through those consequences to make the best of what's happened? Or would you rather simply dismiss that as just another war, just another casualty figure and have the AQ and our heroes continue happy as hamsters as if nothing ever happened?
rahullak is offline   Reply With Quote