View Single Post
Old July 16 2009, 02:51 PM   #120
NEO f/x
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Starship Farragut: The Animated Episodes Questions

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
Sounds good. I do have a question since I saw Act 1 at Shore Leave. I understood that the Farragut only has humans in its crew. If so, what's the obvious Andorian doing there (and don't say sitting)?????
Randy,

The stardate of the animated episodes puts it in 'Year 4' of the Star Trek universe...this is counter to the Year 2/3 that the live action episodes take place.

Thelin is actually a character from the original Trek episodes. In "Yesteryear" some time changes had Thelin as the first officer on the Enterprise. When the timeline is restored, Thelin is not seen again. However, he MUST have existed, and so we theorized that he was probably in Star Fleet and he could be on any ship. So, we have him on the Farragut. He is actually voiced by Chris Doohan, son of James "Scotty" Doohan, who voiced Thelin in the 70's.

And, just like Chekov in Space Seed...just because you haven't seen Thelin on the Farragut doesn't mean he wasn't in a different location of the ship during the first couple episodes. In fact, when live-action episodes start filming again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him again.

So, to answer your question...he is sitting there